Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Work in progress

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. 
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. 
It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us."
-Marianne Williamson 

The greatest quotes are the ones that are self-evident.  It's not that they are not profound, but it's that they reveal universal truths about human nature.  It is assumed that some how we all abide or listen to our nature, but rather I find that we most often try and avoid our human nature or at the very least distract ourselves from it.

What is it about expectations that causes anxiety?  It would seem that when we have the capacity to be great, we should fulfill it at every given moment.  However, how many people can say that they live and perform to their ultimate capacity everyday?

I know that for myself I often find that I work to my ability, but not my capacity.  I started this blog to push myself at my writing.  I love to write, and I love words; yet so often I find myself going months without putting meaningful thought down to (virtual) paper.  Is it a lack of something to say?  No.  It's allowing life to take over and dominate my routine.  I can at any instant add something into my life if I maintain a burning desire for its fruition.

You see, we all have passion for something.  We are all greater than what we do.  However, we most often get side tracked by life into doing those things that are part of the routine, and believe me the routine for many of us is so weighty that when we do get any hours that are personal we simply want to "veg-out," and "chill."

Right now, my son is sleeping, and I am writing.  I am on winter break from my j.o.b., and I could be using this time to pick-up the house, organize the bills or clean out a closet.  But I am not!  I am doing what makes me fulfilled.  How often do you think that we take time to do what makes us fulfilled?  Yes, my kids fulfill my life in many amazing ways, and yes my wife is simply astounding, however, this doesn't speak to my inner desire to create, make, or do something that is intrinsically mine (probably because somebody told me somewhere along the lines that this is "selfish," which is just hogwash.) 

The funny thing is, that as I age, I learn that my time is valuable and needs to be focused.  I spend a little time each day building a business, blogging, playing with my kids, talking with my wife, even work on the j.ob. outside of work (which is cruel and unusual punishment when you're a salaried employee!)  The fact is, if I don't push myself, I am easily made lazy.  I am easily sacked by life.

To achieve maximum results in life, I must constantly put out maximum effort.  I must be vigilant and concious of my thoughts, my actions, and my words, and make sure they are in harmony.  I must write down what I want to accomplish, when I should accomplish it by, and what results I would like to manifest from this effort.  Now, this is not something that I've been doing my whole life, but rather, something I've started to apply over the last year.  I am constantly derailed in my effort to stay focused.  Does this mean I should stop?

Here is where most of us find our perception of failure.  We stop doing what is good for us, because we can't sustain it at the level we expect from oursleves.  We often think, "if I can't do it the best from the start, I'm not going to do it at all."  And, we quit.  It happens to me or rather it use to happen to me.  Now, when I see that I'm not doing something, that I was previously doing and achieving resluts, that I know are beneficial to my life and my well being, instead of saying, "what's the point," I turn it back on and start doing it again.  Life isn't a series of do it once and I'm an expert, but rather it is a series of practices, and disciplines, that I fully acknowledge I will do inconsistantly until a habit has been formed, and it (whatever it is) becomes integral and automatic to my daily functioning.

I have often considered myself an author who doesn't write.  Every time I go back to writing I feel better, like somehow I am fulfilling part of my full capacity.  My question to you is, what can you do that you don't do?  What part of your full(filling) capacity do you ignore on a daily basis, and how do you get it back in your life?

Please feel free to respond, and know that I am simply a voice, practicing a craft, that I believe will reach out into the universe and change how we approach life.  I want us all to achieve maximum results, and know that each day, when I put my head on the pillow, that I can say to my creator - I did the best I possible could today, thank you for the gift of me!

Be well and live inspired!

Michael Cordin
Email Me
Take my 5 minute tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts count: