Sunday, December 26, 2010

THE MOST FEARED WORD - "Opportunity"

The most feared word in the social network or in life for that matter is opportunity. The word itself seems to inspire a sense of fear and loathing, and to some extent I can see why. However, I firmly resolve to use the word opportunity in my lexicon. The word itself means: 1. a favorable juncture of circumstances, 2. a good chance for advancement or progress (this according to Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary.)

Based on the definition of the word, there should be no reason why anyone wouldn’t want to have opportunities abound in their life. Based upon most people’s experience they hear the word opportunity, but feel the word scam. It is shame that over the course of time that the word has become so bastardized.

All that being said, most people who have been presented with an opportunity have given little time to the person who is presenting the opportunity; they run, ignore, or pick a fight just to defeat the person wanting to share information with them. There was time when I was fully entrenched in the running or ignoring camp, however, I was finally “duped” into sitting down with a friend who wanted to share his opportunity. Tired of ignoring him, and afraid of the strain it had put on our relationship – we had been friends for some twenty plus years, I decided to listen. What I came to see was something amazing. He didn’t care if I did it or didn’t do it. He wanted to present to me the information he had, and let me be the judge for myself.

This was converse to my whole thinking on people who had “opportunities” to show me. I wasn’t sold, I didn’t sign up that day, I took my time and thought about how what he had shared with me could improve or be detrimental to my life. I did my research, and looked into his “opportunity,” and discovered something amazing. I discovered that it made sense for me to try this out. It made financial sense, and it made me explore new areas of my life that had yet to be discovered.

Over the last 9 months I have received a new education, a desired education. I have learned about the 2 tax systems, the one to keep me poor, and the one to help me achieve wealth. I have personally developed into a more open person, someone who is willing to look at himself and address his flaws. I am gaining financial literacy. I have met some of the most amazing people, who earn 10, 50, 100 times what I earn in teaching, yet extend their help at any turn I need it. I have learned that it isn’t easy, that it isn’t for everyone, and that people I talk to should meet certain qualifications in order to be successful business builders. I have learned that a product can substantially improve the quality of your life.

Perhaps, the most amazing thing I’ve learned by allowing the word opportunity to become a part of my life is that I can achieve anything. At this very moment and time I am building an amazing company with my best friend, that isn’t a part of the original opportunity I was presented with, but allowed me to be open to listening and seeing the things that are right there to be seized. In the process we have one mission, to give others the opportunity to create a life for themselves, to give them the tools necessary to build their future in the way they desire, to unchain them from building others’ fortunes, and become the pioneers of their own life, with a full awareness that opportunities are not for everyone.

Most people won’t believe that I believe that my friend and I are creating a Fortune 500 company. They will think, “who are you to have such lofty goals,” “you’re dreaming,” “you’re an idiot if you think that’s possible.” I challenge them to open their minds and see what happens when you start to embrace and see the boundless opportunity given freely to each of us each day.

I firmly believe that nothing is chance; we meet everyone we do for a reason. We are all absolutely interconnected for a reason. If we can manage to get out of our own way, and allow nature to do its job, we will see that absolutely nothing is chance, and that we are the ones who ignore or tune out the most fundamental fabric of how we are supposed to be a benefit to one another. The acorn doesn’t grow into a lemon tree, it always grows into an Oak. The sun doesn’t sometimes rise, it always rises. Why do we not do what we were exactly meant to do, take each opportunity that presents itself, and run with it like our pants are on fire!

Be well and live inspired,

Michael Cordin
Email Me
My 5 Minute Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts count: