Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow Days: 3 Reasons to be Grateful

I was outside shoveling my rather short driveway which still seems rather big. I got to thinking as shoveling doesn't require as much brain as it does brawn.

Gratitude can be found at any moment at any time. I found myself being grateful for the following while shoveling:

1) I have the strength and health to shovel.
2) Shoveling the drive way makes it easier for my wife and kids to get in and out of the house, keeping them safer.
3) Shoveling is a perfect opportunity to let negative thoughts go and feel the beautiful cold air, allowing for almost perfect meditative conditions.

There are an abundance of opportunities to embrace reflection and let negativity go. We are given unlimited moments to stop and restart our day. Will you take the chance to abandon a bad moment?

How do you let the negativity go? Simple. You just do. Ask yourself, does my current state of mind make me feel the way I want to feel? If it does not, then why do you persist in holding on?

Go forth and be productive, live fully and with passion! Much love and serenity,

Michael
mcordin73@gmail.com
http://afterthebeeppeople.blogspot.com

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts count: