Monday, January 10, 2011

LOST HOPE!

It's day 10 of the new year, and I suspect that quite a few resolutions have burst into flames.  I suspect that there are many of you stepping out into your cold garage, taking elevators down to the lobby, huddling en-mass puffing just one more cigarette.  Do I dare ask?  How is the diet going?  Are you "loving it," or is McDonalds' cash register ringing once again?  Maybe your poison is a double whopper with cheese.  Have you asked for the promotion this year?  Did you get your raise or even ask for it?  Don't you deserve it?  Yea, the economy sucks, but it's going to be in the toilet for a long time, and when you want something you need to make sure that you ask for it. 

We cannot receive what we do not believe we deserve!  And we will never receive what we do not ask for.  I'm not here judge, well at least not too much.  What gets in our way when we stop short?  What limits you in your pursuit of a healthier body?  A more robust bank account? 

For most of us the answer is the diabolical and insidious four letter word, FEAR!  A very good friend of mine told me, "all negative emotions arise from fear."  "We are either afraid of losing something we have, or not getting something we want."  It has been often said that a man will fight twice (if not more) as hard to protect $25,000 than earn $25,000. 

Fear is a debilitating disease.  It causes apathy, anxiety, resentment, depression, sickness and poverty.  Perhaps the most cunning aspect of fear is that it masquerades as a myriad of other behaviors- pride, lust, jealousy, gluttony, and anger, to just name a few.  Examine closely your last negative emotion, your last blow up with another, your last tirade with a co-worker, and you will find FEAR at the root of your problem.  Fear of someone taking your wife, your job, your husband, your money, your integrity, your... and continue to fill in the blank.  Can we really be so fragile in mental capacities to be commanded by an idea?  Are we so weak as to not be able to see through the veil of fear and strike it down with our greatest of weapons?

The greatest enemy FEAR has ever known and will know is, GRATITUDE.  The act of gratitude is the lance that pierces the heart of fear.  When we remember to live in gratitude we are placing our minds into a state that is not compatible with fear.  These two states of mind are nearly opposite and therefore cannot exist at the same time.  Every day I try to work on those fears that most dominate my life.  My fear of economic ignorance has pushed me into getting an education.

What drives my fear away today is the gratitude of working on building a truly bountiful life in all ways.  I am working with a company to come to grips with my financial education (or lack there of) and build a credit profile that will allow me to continue building my business.  Just Credit Solutions is opening my mind and teaching me how my poor choices, have lead to poor credit and lead to higher cost of living.  I'm embarrassed at how little I actually understand about my financial life.  I am ready to tackle my financial issues head on and lose the chronic fear of not understanding my debt and how to move forward.  I know I am not alone in that arena, and I hope others who need help can drop their egos just long enough to reach out for help.

One of my resolutions of the new year is to build my XOWii business, and I'm doing it, day by day!  I'm using it as a part of my own personal testimonial in weight loss.  I am taking a 4 pronged approach to weight loss this year:
  1. XOWii Think Drink, Vanilla Thin Shake, and Ultimate
  2. myfitnesspal.com (online calorie counter and fitness tracker program)
  3. Exercise 30 minutes 4 - 5 times per week
  4. Biggest Loser competition at work (greatest percentage of weight loss wins the kitty)
Anyone can achieve any goal if they put sufficient desire and effort into what they want.  It takes dedication, day by day.  We cannot allow ourselves to fall victim to our fears, our worries, and stopping short.  I've said it before, and I believe it to be absolutely true - most people quit right before they reach break-through! 

When people are ready to change their lives, they still won't; it is only after their personal required amount of pain, will they even consider a change.  I know that making changes is scary, but isn't not changing even scarier.  Reach out if you need help, don't wait, and don't let the problem get bigger.

Until next time, be well and live inspired.

Michael Cordin
michael.cordin@integrated-affiliates.com
TAKE MY 5 MINUTE TOUR TO WEIGHT LOSS FREEDOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts count: